An easy way to discover interesting event
I’ve never heard of such a festival. I was pleasantly surprised by the possibility to participate in it. I saw on Facebook invitation and I decided to check it out ! It was a great decision.
1. What is Pasacalles de Luz?
It is celebration of the day, when winter begin – 21 of December. As from this date the days begin to be longer. For this reason, increasing the duration of daylight is really impressive celebrated. This is a huge spectacle of luz (in Spanish language light) with lanterns, glowing decorations and compositions, candles, artificial fires; etc.
2. Is the venue attactive?
Of course ! Even very much ! It is situated in a perfect setting with wonderful views.
- Parque Madrid Rio – in this park event took place. This is really famous park. It is located on both sides of the most important rivers in Madrid – Manzanarez. The park is really long – you can walk many kilometers through it. A few years ago, it has been modernized and now there are a magnificent complex of nature, places for sports, playgrounds, etc. In Parque Madrid Rio you can see a lot of bridges – they are all amazing.
- Puente del Rey (The Royal Bridge)- this is the bridge where the main part of the ceremony took place. It was constructed in the XIX century to connect the Royal Palace with Casa de Campo (the largest park in Madrid with a wonderful lake). Currently in Casa de Campo there are an amusement park, the Parque de Atracciones de Madrid and the ZOO.
In addition, next to the Puente Real you can see large open space – ideal for organizing eventssuch as the Festival of Lights.
- Palacio Real – Real Palace of Madrid. From the bridge Puente del Real you have a view of a magnificent, huge, white Royal Palace. At night it looks spectacular – and during the event – with glowing lanterns flying in the sky – it was better than usual !!!
3. How ceremony of releasing lanterns looks like?
At the Festival of Lights there are many people with their own made lanterns. Lanterns have many, different shapes – round, square, heart -shaped. Latterns can bring everybody. On the official websites there are provided guides how to made them to be correct and safe.
When you participate in the event for many hours you can admire how people lit and lanterns and let them go in the air. Black sky looks wonderful and spectacular interwoven yellow, white and red colours of laterns.
4. Which shiny decorations you can see?
In the area of Puerte del Rey gathered represantives of various organizations with their own glowing things. You could also enjoy the specially prepared decorations.
- glowing, colorful insects;
- house made of bamboo, which had sky with lights;
- a group of people with huge candles;
- great green lights on the large great -looking restaurant bulding Cafe del Rio.
5. Is firework display good?
Absolutely ! It was the most wonderful articial fires show I’ve ever seen. Show lasted quite long (about 20 – 30 minuts), and contained fireworks in different shapes, colors and compositions. I could not take my eyes off this wonderful art.
6. Are there a lot of people?
Yes! There are hundreds of people, even thousands ! You can see whole families, groups of friends, tourists. Many people brought lights and candles in decorated jars. They all had fun – releasing lanterns, admiring the lights and fireworks, visiting the bamboo house, taking pictures, recording videos, etc.