This post I want to dedicate the wonderful country, which is Italy. During my trip (I returned from it yesterday ) through several Italian cities I’ve seen a lot of interesting, worth seeing places and things. First, let’s concentrate on the Christmas decorations in Naples. If one winter you want to visit the third largest Italian city, after reading this post you can find out what awaits you there. My stay in Naples was a little after Christmas season, but fortunately the magnificent Christmas attractions were still available.
Many photographs in this article are made by: Jesus Ibañez Bondzio
1. Glowing streets
Like many large cities as Naples had glowing Christmas corridors. Some of them were nice and simple, others had original shapes.
I liked the most colored lights in the shape of humans, animals, plants. I’ve never seen anywhere similar luminous decorations. They looked like great artistic compositions – absolutely recommended to see.
The street Corso Umberto I is worth to walk on it. This is one of the most famous, historical streets in Naples. Along it you can see, for example, building of the University of Naples Federico II – the oldest public, laic university in the world.
2. Decorated buildings
Also, the walls and windows of many buildings in Naples were covered by the lights and colors. Among them:
Naples is full of wonderful churches, very interestingly designed inside. In the photograph you can see the church of Santa Maria ad Ogni Bene dei Sette Dolori.
- block of flats;
- the areas around the major squares. Very picturesque view of Christmas lights was next to the Fountain of Neptune. It is situated on the square Piazza Municipio in front of the City Hall – Saint Gaicomo Palace.
Although Naples is very famous, historical place, there is a lot of tourists. Strolling through the streets you can see many hotels. In the photograph are presented gorgerous decorations on The Romero Hotel and gentle lights on The Europa Hotel.
3. Ordinary Christmas trees
Typical Christmas trees you could find in most churches. In the photograph you can see the baroques, very important and interesting churches: The Basilica Santuario Del Carmine Maggiore and Gesù Nuovo.
4. No ordinary Christmas trees
I think if you were in Naples, would attract your attention very artistically made Christmas trees, for example:
- Piazza Dante – an important square dominated by a statue of Dante Aighieri (main Italian poet);
- Piazza Trieste y Trento – an important square with the baroque church of Sant Fernando
Both were glowing, light and had a bit similar structure.
- at Via Toledo (long, ancient street in Naples), in front of the area of shopping malls, near the modern sculpture of horse. It is my favorite – because it is very original, unusual, inventive and ingenious. Shining, colorful, made of small reeindeers. They gave the impression of flying in the sky Santa Claus animals.
- La Galeria Piazza Garibaldi – the shopping center near the main big train station in Naples located on the Square Garibaldi. There were Christmas trees with paper decorations (picture above post) and with Christmas lights. On the Piazza Garibaldi you can enjoy the wonderful attractions – snails in many different colors.
- Galeria Umberto I – Shopping centre ( built in 1887-1891), which is a unique composition in the open space with a dome and flanks. In the central point (where you can see floor of the signs of the zodiac) there was glowing tree. Galeria is located in the main point of Naples – close to the Royal Palace, Castel Nuovo and the sea.
5. Glowing fountains
There were amazing decoration on the Fontana del Carciofo. It is a monumental fountain in the Piazza Trieste e Trento; no far from the the most important place in Naples – Piazza del Plebiscito (square with the Royal Palace). I coud not get my eyes from such a great, shining composition.
In its vicinity, the Christmas tree was located (of which I have already mentioned). Both objects created a wonderful Christmas space in the center of Naples.
6. Unique gifts and baubles
I guess if you were there you would not remain indifferent seeing the gifts and the baubles specially designed for Christmas time. They were situated in center of Naples, near the sea. One of the gifts was hidden among the palm trees.There was the opportunity to go inside and look around. Gifts and baubles seemed unusual holiday cottages. Beside decorations gathered a lot of tourists, mothers with children, couples in love. Everybody wanted to take a picture with them.
7. Shopping center in the Christmas tree
N’ Albero in Naples – a design that included a bar, terrace and market was noteworthy. IThis is a composition which is not seen anywhere else in other places. Congratulations to the author of this wonderful idea.
At night, the Christmas tree was lit by interesting highlighted.